Friday, December 29, 2006

Day 7- Last Day of Round 1

2 PM: I'm fasting today for religious purposes; I'll be abstaining from even drinking until sundown (5:10). So no saline wash this morning and I didn't drink the lax. tea last night. When my family breaks their fast with a home-cooked meal I'll be drinking spicy lemonade, but you know what? That's totally fine! I'm much more worried about all of the questions and my parents getting really annoyed. I woke up pretty late and I slept pretty late and so far I'm not at all hungry and there's alot I can do to keep my mind off the no eating/drinking until 5 PM.

I decided to break the MC today. Tomorrow is a religious holiday as I stated already and I found out that tomorrow my dad will not be working and this is the first time in a long time that he won't be working on Eid. I'm excited that the family will all be able to spend time together tomorrow or at least be able to have our Eid Breakfast together. I decided to break it really because it's bothering my parents a lot that I'm doing this and I know me not eating with them tomorrow is going to affect their enjoyment of the holiday, especially my dad whose constantly worried about my health due to a congenital heart condition I have. I don't want him to get upset tomorrow because of my diet.

My decision to break the MC doesn't have to do with willpower, at this point it has gotten to be pretty easy to stay on actually. I drank some juices tonight and will be drinking a bit more before bed. I'm not sure if I'll be starting over again anytime soon because I've done this for 7 whole days and I feel pretty clean; I've been emitting pure liquid of a red-orange color and nothing else today and yesterday. I have learned a lot during my 7 days of discipline and I'm excited to apply those things as a regular part of my lifestyle. I appreciate everyone's support and I hope that this blog has served you in some way. I also do highly recommend this diet but make sure you plan better than I did in terms of timing (don't plan to do this during one of the most important days of the year!).

3 comments:

Arnþór Snær said...

Word of advice, go off the cleanse carefully.

femmesquara said...

hi!
today is my first day of the MC. im so impressed you went so long without telling anyone! this would be so so hard if i couldnt talk about it. if you decide to do it again (maybe in 6 months or so) let me know and ill be there for you. BTW, im arab too (although not muslim, and my adoptive family is white, long story). but i identify as a woman of color, specifically arab. id love to keep in touch, and learn more about you!

~holly

PS. you are very beautiful! a size 0 does NOT equal beauty. <3

asoom said...

thank you guys for the support. Thanks holly, what's your email address? I actually would like to go back on the MC but not anytime soon, I feel clean. Maybe in the summer time before my cousin's wedding! Good luck!