Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Day 5

I'm reading the book now and it's stated that dizziness and tiredness does occur as well as vomitting, those are all of my symptoms. The book also states that some people will feel worse than they normally do and that's because of the toxins being stirred up in the bloodstream. I'm definately of that category! "It's truly a wonderful feeling to be free from slavery to these many habit-forming and devitalizing elements of modern living." I hope so!

This morning I had the saline wash and I had my first BM within 10 minutes, and had at total of 3 within the first hour. It wasn't nearly as unpleasnt as it was yesterday and that's probably because I wasn't on an empty stomach yesterday so I couldn't tolerate it as much. I didn't even feel like vomitting!

Well, as I mentioned in a comment reply the henna party (pre-wedding party for bride) that I went to that I was totally worrying about because of the good food the hall serves didn't even have food!!! They just had a whole bunch of desserts which doesn't bother be because I don't have that much of a sweet tooth. I was more worried about the cajun seafood that was MIA tonight! So I didn't feel tempted at all. I feel better today than I did yesterday but I still have rather low energy. I didn't feel like dancing at all and was eventually dragged on the floor by a friend where I stiffly danced for about 20 minutes.

I'm home now at my parents house and I ended up telling my mom and sister about the MC because it just felt impossible to hide it; my sister told my mom that I've been on a hunger strike and threw up all over the place yesterday so I had to tell them what I was doing so they don't think I have an eating disorder. Of course my mom thought it was the stupidest thing in the world and when she realized saying that wasn't going to convince me to stop she decided to take a low blow "This isn't working you look fat, I think it's making you fat you have to stop." Of course that's ridiculous but I did weigh myself and I wasn't impressed by the numbers, I probably lost around 4 lbs and I think all of that that I've been through is worth more than 4lbs. Then again, I'm not doing this to lose weight, right????

Being home is really hard, I immediately noticed the scent of home cooked food. My mom doesn't cook very often but she has definately cooked today! It's now midnight and I'm having all kinds of cravings and my stomach is growing loud although I've had the full 60 oz of lemonade today. Being home has proven to be hard and I've only been home for about 6 hours. Before I started I read in another person's blog that whatever hardship you were going through was always gone by the morning, I hope that's the case.

I must admit that I definately picked a horrible time to start. Today I went to a henna party, tomorrow I'll be going to a wedding, the day after I'll be going to another henna party and this time it's a close friend, the day after that it's a major religious holiday for us Muslims as well as my friend's wedding, and on New Year's eve I'm invited to a New Year's barbecue party which I absolutely have to attend because one of my friends who got married a year ago and moved cross country to New York will be in town for only a few days and she'll be there. Also on Friday (day 7) I need to be fasting from sunset to sundown (5ish) for religious purposes where I'll be abstaining from from even drinking and I don't really want to be breaking my fast with this lemonade. Also my best friends are in town from Philadelphia for a week or so and I told them about my diet and how I can't meet them to eat anywhere. I'm actually seriously contemplating quitting and then starting again after all of the festivities. I'll have enough time to start and finish the 10 days before the semester starts again which isn't until jan. 16th. I know that the hard part is starting and I shouldn't put myself through that again, but I should be able to enjoy my friends wedding and my religous holiday AT LEAST if not the other events! So the million dollar question is being able to eat with everyone else necessary to be able to enjoy myself?? Probably not necessarily for the wedding but for the holiday I think eating is essential to enjoying myself. I think I'll sleep on it and make my final decision tomorrow. What do you guys reading my blog think? Should I quit now and start later or should I just suck it up?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're half way done and think of how proud and accomplished you will be when you're done, especially with the cirumstances! Of course there is more to it, but I just wanted you to weigh that in. Good luck.

Author, Crystal Hickerson said...

Well you know I have to agree with you. I didn't start because of the holidays, and I need to find a lax tea and the right maple syrup. But if you do quit just keep drinking more water and only eat those full meals at the party and use the lemonade drinks for supplement the other meals. So you can half way quit and half way continue.

It is your decision and I agree with Emily, you are half way there too and the sense of accomplishment will be amazing! It's tough!!!

asoom said...

Thanks Emily and Crystal for the support. As you can see from my day 6 posting I decided not to quit!