Sunday, December 24, 2006

Day 2

I woke up feeling great!!! Because of my long days I usually have late dinners, alot of times right before I go to bed and as a result I wake up feeling gross and sometimes with a stomach ache. I had non of that this morning!!

I think my laxative tea isn't strong enough, My first bowel movement wasn't until afternoon, I had more hunger pangs today. I'm feeling proud of my self for making it through the second day and I'm feeling lighter but at the same time I feel a little weak. It's normal to feel weak at this time according to some of the other blogs I read.

I'm supposed to either do the saline wash or the laxative tea this morning but I realized I bought the wrong salt for the saline wash and I'm too afraid to drink lax. tea in the morning just in case I need to go somewhere today.

Today was HHAAARRDDDD!!! I have cravings for everything and was tempted about 100 times. I contemplated quitting and starting over another day about 10 times, I kept calculating that I still had over 20 days left for my vacation and it would make more sense to start after my friends wedding and after the holidays (although I don't celebrate us Muslims have a big holiday this Saturday). My parents said they wanted to come tonight and I thought I can't be doing the MC the only thing we ever do when my parents are in town is going out to dinner! They're not interested in movies or bowling or any other social activity. They decided not to come and I feel bad thinking this bad Thank God!!! I'm afraid that if I rescheduled doing this cleanse after the holidays I won't actually do it, the hard part is starting and I've started already, so why would I go through that torture over again! I figured by the time the wedding and the holiday come it'll be like days 7 and 9 and I won't be tempted to quit at that point.

around midnight: I went to the movies with my sister and I didn't even crave the chips or nachos but for some reason I kept thinking about sushi and deli sandwiches. I'm definately feeling lighter but at the same time I do feel weak, I think I just haven't been drinking enough of the lemonade for fear of having to use the bathroom when it's not convenient.

By the way, The Departed is one of the best movies I've seen in a looooong time, I highly recommend it!

4 comments:

Author, Crystal Hickerson said...

Congrats on starting. I went out and bought everything, except I got a Grade A Syrup and am afraid of using that, cause it might defeat the purpose. But I haven't started for fear that I would be at work, I work in an office, and that the flush would have me in the bathroom at work and didn't want to be embarrassed about that plus at work they eat ALL the time and the temptation would be ridiculous. But I am still thinking about starting after the holidays in January.

I will continue to read your blog progress to see how it affects you. Good Luck!! Oh and post how much weight you loose. I know it is not supposed to be a weight loss program but that is important as well.

asoom said...

Thanks for the support Crystal and I really hope that my blog serves as some kind of support for you. I'm now on day 3 and I'll post that up tonight.

I think you're right about the grade A syrup, this diet takes so much mental effort that you really want to make sure you're going to get the full benefit by doing it exact so make sure you have the grade B syrup, if you live by whole foods or trader joes you can get it there. I actually don't own a scale but I'm going to my parents tonight and I'll weigh myself and I think I know how much I weighed before I started, so I'll let you know!

About starting, if you know you don't have any big breaks coming up then you need to just start! Start on a sat so by the time work comes on Monday you're already on day 3 and it'll be so much easier for you!

Arnþór Snær said...

Regarding "buying everything".

Do you know where I can find a good guide on the MC ?

asoom said...

I used this lady's MC journal as a guide to know what to get instead of actually buying the book. I think you'll find it useful:

http://yestheyrefake.net/lemonade_diet_cleanse_journal.htm