Sunday, December 24, 2006

Before the Cleanse

I'm actually writing this post on day 2 of the master cleanse, it just occurred to me that I should write a blog of my experience.

I first heard about the master cleanse when I saw Oprah's Dream Girls special and Beyonce stated that she lost about 20 lbs doing the master cleanse, the master who?????

I started googling and reading people's journals and whatever. From what I understood it's not meant to be a weight-loss diet but a detoxifier diet-eliminating toxins that you have accumulated in the body to restore your vitality and energy. Perfect! My first semester of grad school was filled with early morning Burger King hashbrowns, mcdonalds fries, and late night Taco Bell and has left me feeling "GROSS"! I could totally use some of that vitality stuff!

I went out and bought the ingredients and I had to go to more than one place to find it all. If you live by a Whole Foods you can probably get all your ingredients there, if you don't have a job like me you may just want to stick to getting what you can't find anywhere else at Whole Foods (for that was the Grade B Organic Maple Syrup).

The fact that I have about 3 weeks of vacation left makes it really convenient to start now. The only major hindrance in my way is that my younger sister has come to stay with me during the break. I've chosen not to tell her or my family about it, I know they won't be supportive and it's only 10 days!

I started making the lemonade that night and my sister wouldn't stop commenting wanting to know what I was doing, I convinced her that this is "special medicine" I needed to take for one of my mystery ailments. That made her shutup for the time being, and then I celebrated my last night of freedom by having a box of buffalo wings, some mac and cheese, and a whole bunch of greek salad.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am Searching for this article. Its really Great HelpFull Thanks
PreOwnedphones 8
PreOwnedphones 8
PreOwnedphones 8
PreOwnedphones 8
PreOwnedphones 8